The African American Community Service Agency would like for you to know that we support and stand with you.
We see you. We recognize this is a critical moment for us collectively as we experience the convergence of a global pandemic, the disproportionate impact of that pandemic on our communities and a general blatant disregard for the lives of Black people by portions of our criminal justice system and non-Black civilians.
We stand with you. As part of the Black Community here in Santa Clara County, we stand with you against racism, violence and hate.
We continue to support you. We work to provide quality programs and services to support and strengthen the community in Silicon Valley. To address the immediate needs facing us now, we are providing virtual programs, mental health services, community outreach and a public forum in June.
Now more than ever our continued focus is to lift each other up as we navigate through the chaos of current times toward a brighter day for us all.
AACSA Programs and Services
- AACSA CARES: Emergency food baskets, toiletries, diapers, pampers, baby wipes, and more
- Wellness & Coffee with Dr. Glenna #TherapyIsALifeStyle via Zoom
- Yoga for the Culture with Mindful.Mani - June 4th & 7th (6:00PM - 7:15PM)
- Venting to Heal - June 8th (6:00PM - 8:00PM) via Zoom
- Information and Resources - Monday to Friday (10:00AM to 3:00PM)
- Sankofa Open Mic Night - June 11th (6:00PM to 8:30PM) via Zoom
- Education Before the Celebration with Roland Martin - June 12th (6:00PM to 8:30PM) via Zoom
- Take a moment to breathe and recognize the lives that were lost
- Participate in the 2020 Census. Send in your form or log in online to complete
- Register to Vote and make sure you Vote in the 2020 election
- Contact your community based and local elected leaders
- Check on our youth, senior citizens, your Black staff and colleagues
- Take Mental Health Day(s)
- Keep social distancing safe distance of 6 feet
- Wear mask, gloves, and wash your hands for 20 seconds
AACSA Donations and Contributions
- To make a financial donation, visit https://www.sjaacsa.org/donate
- Amazon Pantry Wishlist to make direct in-kind donations: https://amzn.to/2QQwcXL
- Canned goods
- Packaged grains, rice, and cereal
- Fresh vegetables and fruits
- Receipt of purchase email@example.com
- ate is required for food donations.
- Contact AACSA main office at 408.292.3157 or email
- to schedule a donation drop off.
AACSA seeks to create and establish:
- Advocacy and Policy Director (seeking funding to hire)
- Case worker (seeking to hire)
- A community check-in with the AACSA Team
- Hosting a Teach-In training and development sessions
- Raise additional funds to help pay rent and house those in need
- Mental Health Training for staff and volunteers
Please note: AACSA works with several Black Community Based Organizations, Black businesses, Black churches, and those not affiliated with groups/organizations. AACSA will follow up as a collective and share the individual plans of actions from the village. You are not alone. AACSA is one organization of many.