The African American Community Service Agency (AACSA) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Founded in 1978, AACSA is one of the only African American cultural centers in Silicon Valley. We provide quality educational, cultural, social, and recreational programs, services, and activities to perpetuate and strengthen African American identity, culture, values, traditions, knowledge, and family life-is at the heart of all programs.
AACSA Membership is open to all, regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. As a member, you may participate in the various programs and activities offered by the agency.
Preserving our legacy & culture
Our services and activities perpetuate and strengthen African-American identity, culture, values, traditions, knowledge and family life. Service is at the heart of all programs. Throughout the year AACSA provides:
- 26 interactive Science Technology Engineering Art Math (STEAM) Saturday programs for youth ages 7-17
- 56 days of shower to the people a program that makes hygiene accessible to our homeless members of the community
- Our annual Juneteenth in the park Festival celebrating the now, nationally recognized Black/emancipation day
- 60 community events ranging from but not limited to meet the candidates, senior prom and more.
- Over 100,000 completed volunteer service hours by our amazing community volunteers
- All activities and support comes from the help of volunteers, staff, and board members
- Service to over 25,000 people
To become a member, renew membership, or learn about membership benefits, please contact our office for more information about your organization's AACSA membership.